Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Powering the Yurt
Advanced Search

Heating A Yurt

Old 01-26-2023, 05:57 AM   #21
Yurt Forum Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to UKadventurer
Default Re: Heating a yurt

I've heard good things about AI art from my friends. Now this AI chat.

I'm a little afraid I'll got nothing done if I go down that rabbit hole, haha.

I actually do have things to do. Quite a long list. So I just pick a couple of things per day. No need to rush then relax the rest of the time.

I've got electrical work, furniture to build, hundreds of dog shits to pick up and dispose of (it doesn't smell as it's frozen), and lots more.
TSRalex likes this.
UKadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:06 AM   #22
Yurt Forum Addict

In the not too distant future AI botgirl will be available to buy, her sensual voice saying, "I'm here for your every need." But I gotta feeling that will be followed up by AI botgirl going rogue ..and hunting us. haha
TSRalex likes this.
Bob Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Blue Ridge Yurts
Old 01-26-2023, 11:08 AM   #23
Yurt Forum Addict

I know there's a sci fi book in there somewhere.
Old 01-27-2023, 10:26 AM   #24
Yurt Forum Addict

Cool Re: Heating a yurt

Playing around to explore ChatGPT I asked the following question:

"What advantages do modern yurts offer over

original Yurts

?"

And I got - after few seconds - as answer:

1. Increased

insulation

: Modern yurts often have better

insulation

than traditional yurts, which can help to keep the interior warmer in colder climates.

2. Improved weather resistance: Modern yurts are often made with materials that are better able to withstand extreme weather conditions, such as heavy rain or strong winds.

3. Increased durability: Modern yurts are often made with high-quality materials that are more durable and long-lasting than traditional yurts.

4. Improved ventilation: Modern yurts often have better ventilation systems than traditional yurts, which can help to prevent the buildup of

moisture

and improve air quality.

5. Increased comfort: Modern yurts often have more comfortable amenities than traditional yurts, such as better lighting and

heating

systems.

6. Increased accessibility: Modern yurts often have better accessibility features than traditional yurts, such as ramps or elevators, which can make them more suitable for people with disabilities.

7. Increased energy efficiency: Modern yurts are often equipped with renewable energy sources such as solar panels or small wind turbines, which can increase energy efficiency compared to traditional yurts.

8. Increased adaptability: Modern yurts can often be easily adapted to suit the needs and preferences of the user, such as by allowing for changes to the interior layout or additions of extensions.

9. Increased mobility: Modern yurts can often be easily transported and set up, which allows for more flexibility compared to traditional yurts.

10. Increased ecology: Modern yurts are often made from eco-friendly materials and feature modern technologies that can reduce the ecological footprint compared to traditional yurts.

I tried to get additional arguments and gave the "continue" command with the following result:

11. Modern yurts often come with customizable floor plans that can be tailored to the specific needs of the user. This allows for more flexibility and adaptability compared to traditional yurts.

12. Many modern yurts come with pre-installed electrical and plumbing systems, which can save time and money compared to traditional yurts.

13. Modern yurts can often be purchased as a turnkey solution, which includes everything needed for immediate use, such as furniture, appliances, and accessories.

14. Many modern yurts come with a warranty, which can provide peace of mind and protection against defects or issues that may arise over time.

15. Many modern yurt manufacturers offer a wide range of sizes and styles, which allows for more options and flexibility in terms of design and layout.

16. Modern yurts often come with a wide range of customization options, such as different roof and wall styles, window and door options, and different flooring choices.

17. Some modern yurts can be designed to be semi-permanent or permanent structures, which can provide more stability and security compared to traditional yurts.

18. Some modern yurts are designed to be more energy efficient, making them more sustainable and environmentally friendly compared to traditional yurts.

Pretty cool, isnīt it?
TSRalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:17 AM   #25
Administrator

I constantly tinker with chatGPT. I even had it write some code for me lol.
TSRalex likes this.
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:53 AM   #26
Yurt Forum Addict

Thumbs up Re: Heating a yurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
I constantly tinker with chatGPT. I even had it write some code for me lol.
Yes, code creation is one of the big points of ChatGPT
Old 01-27-2023, 12:31 PM   #27
Yurt Forum Addict

That techie chart doesn't even begin to cut the balls off the trad yurt. Line after line of BS. lol
Old 01-27-2023, 03:37 PM   #28
Administrator

"Many modern yurts come with pre-installed electrical and plumbing systems"

Funny, never seen that in any of the packages offered by modern yurt manufacturers..
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 12:46 AM   #29
Yurt Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Rowlands View Post
That techie chart doesn't even begin to cut the balls off the trad yurt. Line after line of BS. lol
You need to classify & estimate the results of AI-queries different to the statements of real humans.

But the listing delivers a good base for own extended research and evaluation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
"Many modern yurts come with pre-installed electrical and plumbing systems"

Funny, never seen that in any of the packages offered by modern yurt manufacturers..
As long the manufacturers can sell their Yurts without offering additional gadgets, they will not start to burden themselves stressful extensions....

But I can imagine, that it could become in the future similar to the sale of prefab houses, where packages are usual....
Old 01-28-2023, 07:10 PM   #30
Yurt Forum Addict

House trailers - modular single and double wides, are shipped from the factory with the mechanicals built in. This is VERY fast VERY efficient construction. Site tradesmen can connect up lickety split and that keeps the cost LOW. A whole lot less work onsite means BIG money saved for the customer. Basically connect and done.

There might be turnkey yurt packages, beats me. But for certain there is WAY more work and COST on a yurt that needs full on water, sewer, electric, and gas systems designed and built on site.

Tags
heating