Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Building a Yurt
Advanced Search

Looking For Yurt Experts As Consultants

Old 06-27-2021, 11:16 AM   #1
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Looking for yurt experts as consultants

Dear all,

I am starting manufacturing yurts in India.
Contacted all the major manufactures via email for collaboration, but none are interested.
I have the base ready and understand the basics but that is not enough, for production.
we have artisans and good tailors but they will require time to learn the trade and i don't have time.

So this forum is my last place to request, which is as below:-

I need experts on yurt designing and stitching online, they can come on board as they feel like.
The details can be discussed over a zoom call or they can contact me on my email which is [email protected]
Admin pls allow this for the sake of yurt...
regards to all..
Mahendra

mahendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 03:58 PM   #2
Yurt Forum Addict

Default Re: Looking for yurt experts as consultants

I have watched Indians online making and rebuilding all manner of goods. In every case I was impressed by the industry and commitment to the tasks being performed. Your 'crew' will figure out how to economically mass produce yurts, by mass producing yurts. Production within a budget and timeframe is >ALWAYS< the best teacher. Good luck.
Bob Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Groovy Yurts
Old 06-27-2021, 11:41 PM   #3
Yurt Forum Youngin

Bob,
Yours was FREE GYAN, and i want specialized people with years of experience behind, thanks for the kind words
Old 07-01-2021, 04:27 AM   #4
Yurt Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahendra View Post
I am starting manufacturing yurts in India.
What are the reasons to start such an difficult business?

Quote:
Contacted all the major manufactures via email for collaboration, but none are interested.
Can understand them - nobody want´s to share his longtime knowledge with future competitors from an "cheap-producing-country".....

Quote:
I have the base ready and understand the basics but that is not enough, for production.
we have artisans and good tailors but they will require time to learn the trade and i don't have time.
Do you believe that other Yurt-manufacturers didn´t learn from scratch over long periods? They surely paid a lot of time and money on their first mistakes and faults, but exactly that brought them forward in quality standards.....

Just my 50 Cents.
TSRalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:51 AM   #5
Yurt Forum Youngin

Dear TS,

All i am looking for is experts on yurt designing (structure and fabric for Indian market)
You have said so many words but meant nothing....... what i am doing, why i am doing is because i think this structure can make a lot of difference for sustainability and low cost housing in India.

I promise you, i wont export it to the western world where you people are making supernatural profits selling the yurt. I will produce this yurt for Indian market and conditions under 1500USD.(yes it is possible)

If anyone is interested pls send me an email, and it would not be free.

Best regards to everyone
Maj Mahendra
+91-9079656429
Old 07-01-2021, 08:24 AM   #6
Administrator

I would suggest perhaps interning with a yurt builder for some time, perhaps in Mongolia. There are many families that make these there.
Bob Rowlands and TSRalex like this.
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:02 AM   #7
Yurt Forum Addict

Mehendra, Jafo has a viable option.

The fact no manufacturers have responded to your inquiry means you'll have to learn it on your own. I doubt any manufacturer here has any inclination to help you, or they would have responded.

So, move forward. Making yurts is not difficult. I have made the three nomadic yurts using these plans:

Solaripedia Building a Mongolian Yurt

All three were extremely affordable and would house people quite well. If you have carpenters and sewers available, materials, tools and a place to work, jump in and go for it. I guarantee you will learn fast, and if there is a real market even the simplest yurts, like the ones I made, will sell if the cost is reasonable. Good luck.
Old 07-02-2021, 10:37 AM   #8
Yurt Forum Youngin

Thumbs up Re: Looking for yurt experts as consultants

Dear all,

Thanks for the kind words, yes.... you will know it all, once you do it but in todays world its better to learn the tricks and small mistakes people have done in the past and evolve over that platform.

Thanks everyone, will keep on bothering the forum for specific now on wards..

Best regards...
Mahendra
Old 07-02-2021, 11:00 AM   #9
Yurt Forum Addict

NASA learned how to make rockets, by making rockets. If 1959 NASA had asked the Russians how they got Sputnik into orbit, I'm thinking Russia wouldn't have given them 'tips and tricks' on how they did it. The finger would have been given free of charge though. lol Good luck Mahendra.
Old 07-03-2021, 02:28 AM   #10
Yurt Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Rowlands View Post
Making yurts is not difficult.
I see that a little bit different if the focus lays on professional productions for selling the Yurts to consumers.....

And I believe that a lot of knowledge and detail production planning is necessary to reach the level from experienced producers like (e.g.)

Pacific Yurts

TSRalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None