Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Buying A Yurt
Advanced Search

Best Temporary Options/Lowest Cost

Old 09-08-2016, 11:26 AM   #1
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Best Temporary Options/Lowest Cost

We have a family of 5, 7 during visitation.

I wanted to get a wooden yurt, but that's not in the cards for the very near future. I'm scared we'll end up stuck buying a house we don't want due to time & financial constraints. Which would end up setting us back a lot with the wooden yurt.

My idea is to buy a canvas yurt as a temporary dwelling on some land, but I'm not even sure how cost-effective that would be. Then there's the matter of running plumbing and electric, building the deck, etc.

The house we live in right now is about 900sq ft... Right now I'm so frustrated I would buy land and pitch a tent on it, but, as my husband pointed out we do need water and electricity.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Last edited by missyify; 09-08-2016 at 11:28 AM.
missyify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #2
Yurt Forum Addict

Default Re: Best Temporary Options/Lowest Cost

If you could find land that already had water and electric - and the zoning allowed you to live there in tents, I'd do that. And work on your wooden yurt. Those big canvas tents that you can put a wood stove in. After living in tents for a few months or a year even, you would learn a lot about what your family needs are, could hopefully save money, and the wooden yurt would seem like a palace. Seems overly expensive to buy a temporary canvas- sided yurt when it wouldn't be much better than those square canvas tents. Though you could keep an eye out for a used one.

Also spend some time reading through as many other posts on this web site as you can. Lots and lots of valuable, free info to be discovered.
Wintergreen282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Groovy Yurts

Tags
None