Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Building a Yurt
Advanced Search

Luxury Yurts

Old 12-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Luxury yurts

I just discovered your forum. A group of us built a yurt for the Jacksonville FL Home Show in mid 1970s. It was needless to say the talk of the show! I must have shown it to over 40,000 that weekend.

Now through my new project I need input to building luxury yurts for a project we are doing in the western NC mountains in 2016 for the wealthy.

Thanks
Hugh

hugh009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Luxury yurts

Ok, ask away.
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
Yurt Forum Addict

Building luxury yurts for the wealthy in the mountains? That sounds like quite the job! I'm not exactly certain the small traditional mongolian or kyrgyzstan yurts would be considered luxurious, but I'm sure with certain features they could be--after all, Ghenghis Khan's yurt was probably quite nice.
hierony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:22 AM   #4
Manufacturer Representative

Let us know if we can help out - if you are local give us a call and come have a look at our demo model. It's pretty luxurious but not the fabric version of a yurt. Might be worth giving your clients a choice, depending on what they are looking for...
Asheville Yurt Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 12:00 AM   #5
Yurt Forum Member

Thumbs up Re: Luxury yurts

I visited a spot near Natahala Lake, that rented yurts a while back. I found out about them from having seen their fliers around the area. I would guess they have a webpage, but I have not looked.

They had a pretty nice location, big trees and green grass, and with a pond and not too far from the lake, (but not so close you could see the lake). A communal toilet and shower house setup, and maybe even a restaurant. You might want to visit them to see their operation/arrangement. My only negative comment would be they needed to wash the exterior of their yurts; they had a lot of tannin stains from the leaves.

I was there maybe 3 or 4 summers ago, so I don't remember all the details. I think they were

Pacific yurts

I will be back in Asheville the middle of January for a few weeks. I grew up there and my parents still live there. I will try to get by to see you guys at Asheville Yurt. ;-)

Good luck in your venture Hugh. Needless to say, a primo location is going to be key.

Type to you later,

Rod
rodyurtlocker.com
Home Page.
MT Rod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None