Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Building a Yurt
Advanced Search

Feedback On A 30' Yurt

Old 03-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #21
Yurt Forum Addict

Default Re: feedback on a 30' yurt

I am pretty much in tune with what Bob says, I dont consider myself a hermit, albeit I am comfortable on my own, but am of a age where I dont see a domestic partner as plausible. I'll never say never or I would find myself married next week.

My thoughts right along are for a 24' one, and I think I will stay with it. I will use the space for my books, lap top, gun rack, and by one window a bow horse, to carve bow staves on, and maybe even start a couple horn bows. Otherwise I would go with a 'conventional' Mongolian 21' dia ger.

The wood stove will go under the tono, right by the bagana. So the heat can radiate out. A 2 burner propane stove will be on a counter by the wall. Along with the rest of the kitchenette.

I can see putting up a 10' or 12' one later for some storage, and a bunk for visitors.

Closeby , so as not to fight snow drifts will be a shed/barn for my pack goats and small flock of Icelandic Chickens. One or more Livestock Guard dogs will be housed near or with the goats. This winter has really shown me the wisdom of the Swiss in building their all-in-one homes and barns. A LOT to be said for going down cellar and Voila ! There are the cows! I am sure I can do similar with the shed right off the platform.

As I said in another thread, the beauty of Yurts is their applications to so many different lifestyles.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None