Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Yurt Living
Advanced Search

Privacy In Loft Rooms

Old 11-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #11
Yurt Forum Member

Default Re: Privacy in loft rooms

There is very little privacy in a yurt. We had our teens in there the last 2 years they were in high school. I think it brought us all a little closer together, for private conversations, they just took a walk outside. We've always been a very open family though, and don't keep many secrets from each other.

After they left the yurt after graduation, all was wonderfully quiet for my wife and I.
Jafo, Wadingbear and Jen Doyle like this.
SeverTheTether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:06 AM   #12
Yurt Forum Youngin

We just moved into our 30 foot yurt a month ago and have kids age 9 and 11. My husband and I have the loft as our bedroom and under the loft there is a hallway in the middle with shiplap pine walls that create two small bedrooms on each side of the hall. This was our solution for the kids to have privacy. We put pocket doors in the hallway which lead to their rooms.
Wadingbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Groovy Yurts
Old 01-07-2018, 11:14 PM   #13
Yurt Forum Youngin

I concur, you can't really have privacy in a yurt sad to say. It's one of the toughest sacrifices I've had to make to live in a yurt. I go on a lotta walks!
RocktheCasbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:16 PM   #14
Yurt Forum Youngin

My husband and I have been living in a 30' yurt with a (now) 17 year old daughter and (18) year old son. Privacy is a very rare thing. The downside of the spectacular roof with the beautiful

dome

(which we love in every other way) is that it bounces sound. One of the things we show visitors is that you can stand on one side and whisper as quietly as possible and it sounds to them like you are standing right next to them. With toddlers and little ones, no big deal. But with teens this is extremely difficult. We have tried white noise, headphones, etc. We have drywall, but no "ceiling" yet. Basically we finding times when the kids are gone, is our best option. And be careful with your words.
Jen Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None