Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Member Yurts > forestyurts's Yurt
Advanced Search

Traditional Mongolian Yurts

Old 03-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
Yurt Forum Addict

Default Traditional Mongolian Yurts

Beautiful yurts.

I too prefer the traditional mongolian, but, being ever further from Mongolia I will make do here in the NW US. Much of my planing comes from Paul Kings book, and a website in Europe, SimplyDifferently.org: Home

he has a calculator on there that allows quick dimensions given others. Its been a big help to me in planning mine.

Mine is/will be 24' in dia, traditional, but, with two conventional windows, 6 khanas in all but 2 by 4 rafters and a

dome

with hardened glass, plus a stove pipe replacing one pane.

I will be back looking at your posting here often. I love the painting and will do the same, red on the rafters and the door. Probably on the lathes too. I am pricing wool carpet padding to go under the cover, and tyvek will be over it and under the outer cover. Like you folks I will use better commercial covering then what has been used often.

Thanks for posting your beauties.

Last edited by Jafo; 03-24-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote