Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Buying A Yurt
Advanced Search

Beware The Yurt Store

Old 07-20-2017, 06:51 AM   #1
Administrator

Default Beware The Yurt Store

What I am about to say represents my personal opinion:

Someone sent me a link to a site out there called the yurt store dot com. After looking it over, I cannot find a single authentic image on the site. They are all from other websites, many of which are major yurt manufacturers. They claim that their yurts (that supposedly use aluminum frames) are superior to the wooden frame versions of their counterparts, yet they produce not even one photo of one?

The google image of their address does not appear to be a place where one could easily manufacture yurts. To be fair they say that upon order they will "contact our suppliers", so they COULD be just a reseller. However, shouldn't a reseller have photos of the actual "superior" yurts they produce and not use photos of "inferior" yurts to sell their wares? The photo on their home page looks (and I strongly suspect is) the same as this photo here.

I hope by all means they come here and clear this up, but in the meantime, I would definitely say this: buyer beware! I would strongly suggest you send no cash, wires or checks to these people if you absolutely must purchase from them. Credit card only so as to protect yourself. I would not use any Paypal funds to buy this.

Again, this is just my personal opinion, but so far, this site is rich on boosted photos, but poor on specifics.

Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:40 PM   #2
Yurt Forum Addict

Default Re: Beware The Yurt Store

Thanks Jafo.
Bob Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #3
Yurt Forum Addict

That's the downside to modern technology. Off topic, 90 percent of the calls we get on our landline, and probably a third I get on my cell phone, are junk sales/ scam calls. "The IRS is after you. Call us right now, and we will save your @$$!" Yurts is a new low tho. lol
Jafo likes this.
Bob Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:03 PM   #4
Administrator

I do enjoy those calls when I am on a long boring drive. I try to see how long I can keep them on the line.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #5
Yurt Forum Addict

I had a boss once that would get such calls on his cell at work. He came up with a brilliant ploy, role reversal. Offer the telemarketer stellar credit card rates & try to get them to give him their SS number.
hierony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:55 PM   #6
Yurt Forum Youngin

Hi @Jafo,

Nathan here. Co-Owner of TheYurtStore.com
I stumbled across your post earlier today on the yurtforum.com website titled “Beware The Yurt Store” and wanted to take the time to reply to you personally.

The Yurt Store is a reseller for traditional style yurts manufactured with modern materials and is indeed a real business.

The images we had up on the site at the time of launch were put there by a designer we hired to help build out the site and products. We are working diligently to replace them with images of our own product lines as can be seen on each and every product on the site.

Every product that is available for purchase on our website has the correct images and very well represents what product we sell.

In no way have we tried to represent other images as our own yurts and we will continue to replace/remove images of other yurts on our site that were put there as place holders.

Also, as a fact checking attempt, we certainly don’t promote other yurts as “inferior”, we quite admire what some of the other builders out there are doing!

In any case, I thought reaching out was the right thing to do here and welcome a phone call to chat about yurts from you or your members anytime!

Keep up the great work here at yurtforum.com

Cheers,
Nathan
TheYurtStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:07 AM   #7
Yurt Forum Youngin

Fair enough!
burttheyurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
Manufacturer Representative

I'm glad to see you are trying to straighten this out. The site is still misleading.

For the record:

It is not okay to publish a website with photos of others work as if it were your own (even if by accident).

This morning there are still 'place holder' images of yurts on theyurtstore site that were clearly manufactured by American companies and are not traditional Mongolian style.

Placeholders are for development purposes not live sites.
Bob Rowlands likes this.

Last edited by Surely Yurts - Steve; 09-25-2017 at 10:15 AM. Reason: spelling
Surely Yurts - Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:49 PM   #9
Yurt Forum Youngin

Hi Steve,

We appreciate your concern and I can assure you our team is working on addressing the issues.

We take full responsibility for any blunders our "Previous" designer made and we are working diligently to resolve them. We are currently without a designer and are doing the best we can but be assured the issues are being taken seriously and resolved as quickly as possible.

On a side note, our customers have been MORE than pleased with our offerings and found our staff, customer support, the accuracy of our product descriptions, and the whole site experience to be excellent.

That said, I feel it's worth saying once more, our product offerings are 100% accurate and on point. There is no part of the site that says or implies that we sell anything other than what we actually do sell.

We look forward to continued membership and learning on this great site and we are always happy to answer any questions you might have.

Cheers,
Nathan
TheYurtStore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:49 PM   #10
Administrator

So you say, but until I see an actual pic of an authentic yurt, I am not convinced.

Tags
None