Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Buying A Yurt
Advanced Search

Any Thoughts?

Old 02-03-2015, 04:29 AM   #1
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Any thoughts?

I was checking out a number of manufacturers and my biggest request is no plastic.

Traders of Tamerlane

meets that request head on by using a heavyweight canvas that is treated with Sunforger and is not affected by UV. Their prices are very good too. I'm planning on building a secondary yurt on my property like the one that Bill Coperthwaite built as his personal residence. However, I would like to have something on my property that I can travel with, if necessary, and Traders meets that need. Your thoughts?

markymarkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
Yurt Forum Addict

Default Re: Any thoughts?

I live in sunny semi arid CO. I covered my yurt ~ about 5-2013. The cover is made from a 100% 17oz. cotton canvas, and is water repellent treated. The treatment may be Sunforger, I'm not sure. It absolutely IS being affected by UV. I might get five years out of it. Considering how inexpensive it was, that is reasonable.

That said, if my yurt was my primary residence, I'd most definitely cover it with a heavy duty professionaly made cover with a 15 year guarantee. For non continuous use, as in traveling, cotton canvas should be fine, ASSUMING you 100% dry the cover before storage. Hope this helps.
Bob Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Blue Ridge Yurts

Tags
traders of tamerlane