Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Building a Yurt
Advanced Search

Set Up Instructions For Borealis Yurt?

Old 05-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
Yurt Forum Youngin

Send a message via Skype™ to justin
Default Set Up Instructions for Borealis Yurt?

Hi, I am preparing to set up a Borealis Yurt. I bought it used and the set up instructions are missing. Does anyone have instructions or know enough about Borealis yurts to recommend a company with a similar design. Borealis is no longer in business. Thanks Justin

justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Set Up Instructions for Borealis Yurt?

I never heard of them. Basically you build a platform, setup the door, and then you roll out your lattice. Try to make sure the lattice is the same height all the way around. Try to keep it all within a 1/2 inch.

Lay you cable in the crotches of the lattic, keeping the section where they come together above the door.

With some help from friends, try to get some rafters started by inserting them on opposite sides of the ring (not one side all at once).

I dunno if you have rafter supports (studs) or not, but if so, now is when you attach them. Roll out your roof and connect the sides. Install

dome

if applicable.

That is basically it in a nutshell, but there are a bunch of little tricks an gotcha's in between. Hard to tell you exactly what to do with a yurt I have never seen before.
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Groovy Yurts
Old 05-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
Yurt Forum Addict

Default Re: Set Up Instructions for Borealis Yurt?

I had the same experience with my Spirit Mountain. There are tons of videos and time-lapses out there showing basic yurt setup. They all go up essentially the same, but if it's a bad design you're in trouble, and if it's a unique design (like, what are those extra three sets of grommets five feet on either side of the door for?) you either have to get creative or get lucky finding someone with experience.
I hope you find it!
Dan R-M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None