Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Building a Yurt
Advanced Search

Planning To Build A Yurt In Czech Republic

Old 10-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #391
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Re: Planning to build a yurt in Czech Republic

hello can you tell what the law says in czech republic about living permanent in a yurt ?
if you have your own land will it be permitted ?
thxx
jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #392
Yurt Forum Addict

To be honest, I didn't ask. The land belongs to my family and technically it's a tent. I've never heard of anybody asking for permission to build a tent on his own property. Also, we have a regular house nearby, so it would be hard to prove whether I live in the yurt permanently or if it's just a garden house that we use in summer for occasssional sleepovers.... Last two weeks, I've actualy lived in the house full time.
Also, the area where I live is not the most "by the book" place in CZ. People don't care much what you do on your property, as long as you don't annoy them.

What, planning to move in?
Knecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Groovy Yurts
Old 10-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #393
Yurt Forum Youngin

thxxx

well its very interesting how knows
i like the idea to live permanent in a yurt
i was just wondering what the official rule was
jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 05:32 PM   #394
Yurt Forum Addict

Hey everyone, I was away for quite a while. Lived in the yurt for most of the time, but by the end of 2018, me and my wife got our own house and moved. I needed mkore place for my workshops and she needed to be closer to her university for work. Will use the yurt in future as a weekend place for sure. By the end, we had some problems with moistrue again, though this time it was simple, the patches we glued over the badly done stitching on the roof are falling off and rainwater/snow water once again wicks through the tie straps to the inside. Also a stupid woodpecker found a great pleasure in making holes in our walls.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #395
Administrator

Sorry to hear about the woodpecker! Congrats on the new house!
Jafo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #396
Yurt Forum Addict

Thanks! I was quite sad to leave my yurt and hope to spend future weekends and holidays there...but as I said, it was necessary to get our own place finally.
I would still love to make stuff for the yurt community, but last time I was here, there wasn't much demand.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:04 PM   #397
Yurt Forum Addict

Well...I'll be danged. Hi Knecht! Long time no see. Place hasn't been the same without you.

Maybe you could tell the forum about yurt dampness? There's been a few threads over the years about mold in yurts.
Bob Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:37 PM   #398
Yurt Forum Addict

hey Bob! Glad to be back, even though not being a fulltime yurt resident anymore.
As for dampness, I don't really think I have that much to say, other that "this didn't work" on some possible solutions ...to my shame I have to confess that I did little to improve the dampness issue...I simply didn't spend much time in the yurt when it became too cold at night and moved to nearby house for the cold months, as I didn't want the yurt to mold. Luckily I had that option. If I didn't I guess there are a couple things I would have tried and I still may, if I decide to renovate the yurt somewhat in the Spring. But currently I have lots of renovation and fixing to do at the new place (it's ahouse build in 1960's, with a add-on building behind, plus an old farm homestead next to it, all needs some attention. The farm buildings are from the 19th century, some parts possibly older and there used to be a forge and a woodshop in one of the buildings, with some of the equipment still in place (and, sadly, laying around)...I hope to fix those shops and start using them again.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:40 PM   #399
Yurt Forum Addict

BTW, any of you guys on FB? I've long avoided to join, but I had to (to sell my products) and I'll be glad to meet you there.

Tags
None