Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	590

Pegosa Springs Colorado
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (1).jpg
Views:	488
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	591

San Juan Mountains. I believe we climbed up to somewhere around 12K feet. I never did see a marker. Amazingly beautiful place. I can't wait to go back there and spend some time in my FJ43 Land Cruiser and camp for a week or so in the future.

Name:	photo 2 (1).jpg
Views:	514
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	592

St. Louis makes Detroit look like Beverly Hills. We managed to miss our exit into IL after making all of the others within the small time frame and ended up downtown stuck in a Cardinals game with half the streets blocked off, drunk people on the sidewalks about getting their heads taken off by our mirrors, and so many cars we could hardly move. We finally made it out though. That place is CHAOS.

Name:	photo 4 (1).jpg
Views:	509
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	593

Spending some time with Grandpa and the little guy at Forsyth Park

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	594

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	595
addicted56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #12
Yurt Forum Member

Default Re: Our Savannah Yurts

Staying at my cousins Tiny house in Southern IL. I need to take some more lessons and downsize.

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	596

Moving the Tiny house here in GA. Had to clear more brush to get my Cruiser in. Flip the trailer hitch upside down to give me a rise instead of drop. It smashed it all the way to the ground but I got it out of the back corner and parked in one shot missing the septic tanks and all power/water lines. I was quite impressed with myself. Cruiser had no issues besides being lightly sprung.

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	597

Putting up a cheap car cover to keep things dry. It rained today a TON and more to come. Will make a nice car cover to keep the cars clean. Again I'm a clean freak usually and would probably die if I parked my car under these trees after a 7 year restore. Not to mention it is never fun unloading in a GA downpour.

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	598
Old 04-16-2014, 07:15 AM   #13
Administrator

I found the product "Simply Green" works well spot cleaning the liner in my yurt. Yeah, it still takes a little elbow grease though. Of course, if you can get out of this with only having to order a new liner, then nothing wrong with that. I would imagine it is one of the cheaper components.

Sounds like quite an adventure!!
Jafo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #14
Manufacturer Representative
Pacific Yurts

If the liner fabric is usable, but not cleanable you can also paint it using latex paint before installing the yurts.
Pacific Yurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #15
Yurt Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Yurts View Post
If the liner fabric is usable, but not cleanable you can also paint it using latex paint before installing the yurts.
Thank you for the info. I'm guessing I could just spray it then? I imagine rolling it would be very difficult. It is a pretty tough fabric and sown onto the

insulation

so I imagine replacing it would be very difficult.

Jafo,

I will try the simple green as well.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #16
Yurt Forum Member

So today was BEAUTIFUL!! Sadly we were not all that productive. I guess I could say it just took more time than I thought. By the time we unloaded the truck, put everything away, cleaned it, fueled it, and turned it in more than half of our day was gone. But we managed to get about 1/6th of the deck up. It is much slower going than I thought but when you have 2700+ SQFT of decking to put up it takes awhile. I think I calculated just over 7000 screws. That is no joke and takes a LONG while.

Also funny is how heavy these boards are. The ones on top and dried out weigh around 40% of those with the pressure treatment that have yet to dry.

Also had one of my buddies come out and use my deck as a reporting point while flying today. It was either him or it just happened on its own as I'm sure it stands out way out there and they usually don't fly that low close to high tension power lines for fun.

Name:	deck progress.jpg
Views:	1816
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	599
Old 04-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #17
Administrator

It's ok man, take your time. I am glad you are not rushing it. It will be that much better if you are thoughtful about it.
Jafo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #18
Yurt Forum Addict

That is a massive deck. You are doing good. You're using 3" plated screws to anchor the deck boards, right?

Pressure treated framing lumber is perfect for your deck framing. You chose wisely. PT boards are incredibly heavy, but the protection from bugs is totally worth the sweat involved on the build. Think of it as cheap long term

insurance

. That decks gonna last a long time.

Enjoy your work.
Bob Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:26 PM   #19
Yurt Forum Member

Doing our best to enjoy the work but was really hoping my dad would be here for a yurt raising. It is just taking way to long and all of my friends work during the week so we can't get anyone out there. Ohh well, it will raise some day.

We almost made it to the half way point today. Probably another 2 hours and we will be there. Might be able to get that far before the rain starts and washes out another day tomorrow. We will see.

I'm glad the pressure treated wood will stand the test of time. We are using 2.5" deck screws but we have a few 3" as well if need be as I ordered an extra 25lbs on accident. I figured the 5/4 deck boards were not quite 5/4 and we drill below that anyway so the 1.5" screw should be plenty to hold them down. Considering there are over 7000 of them in the top alone I am feeling comfortable with it.
Jafo likes this.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #20
Yurt Forum Addict

2.5" are fine with 5/4 boards. I didn't look close at pics. I assumed they were 2x6. Good work. Keep it up. You'll get it done.
Bob Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None