Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Building a Yurt
Advanced Search

Building 30ft Yurt

Old 08-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #41
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Re: Building 30ft yurt

Chris, Yeah I read through and am "roughly" following laurels nest yurt manual. It's really helpfull and descriptive. Check it out here Building a Yurt | Yurt Plans | DIY Yurt | Yurt Workshops | Laurel Nest Yurts
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #42
Yurt Forum Youngin

Hey everyone ...
I think to solve plumbing problem with sink on a outside wall , install radiant wood/solar H2O

heating

in pex tubing in flooring ... Possibly install tubing Ina sub deck 2*4 deep you know what I'm saying ?
vthippy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #43
Yurt Forum Youngin

Greetings. I have some catching up to do here but will begin where I left off, sort of.
The 7foot roof ring that i built in April. It was quite a commotion constructing this thing, working with mainly a jig saw where I should have just bought a proper router to do the work. Essentially the ring is 7 layers of I think 3/4 plywood. Each layer has 4-5 banana shaped lengths of plywood. If you can imagine stacking stacking bananas together like this "(((((((" that's how i cut them out of the plywood. it made for minimal waste, each bananna took one cur to get the right outside circumfrence then another for the inside.These are all sandwitched together, glued and arranged so that each banana has at least 2 bolts running through it ( the carrage bolts are straight down through the ring with a nut securing). Now I had was with the outside angle bucause even though the jigsaw set at a compound angle all the pieces did not line up because it all but impossible to cut freehand that well. I uses a sheet of thin plywood to wrap around the ring with bondo to fill the low spots, worked really well. I would write more not but need to pick up a sewing machine off craigslist. Farewell!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #44
Yurt Forum Youngin

Building said ring
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	657  
Old 09-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #45
Yurt Forum Addict

Nicely done. I painted my plywood ring with two heavy coats of hunter green Rustoleum industrial alkyd enamel. I don't want

moisture

touching my ply.
Bob Rowlands is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
None