Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Everything Else
Advanced Search

Selling A Yurt?

Old 11-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #1
Kai
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Selling a Yurt?

Hey guys I had a question. First the story since I always have one.

I have a beautiful 12ft Yurt made out of Cedar that I paid about $1,000 for in building supplies and labor. It's a great yurt I got from Laurel Nests in NC, but I am soon to be homeless in December. I don't have a trailer nor can I afford another $1,000 for one without going bankrupt and cannot put it up and take it down by myself in a national forest. It is a beautiful yurt and it is one of my greatest accomplishments. I am really proud of it and I am really sad to have to let it go. But I have to trade it in for something else that is more doable for me right now in this moment.

The yurt was originally my homeless backup plan, I built it so that it was light weight, and easy for a woman to lift up (my muscles are weakening, and I am pregnant now, so I can't lift it up on my own and have no friends or family I can count on to help). But it was still too heavy for me.

I now need to sell it so I can buy a 17lb bell tent. It's not a yurt but it will be all that I have and if the military once used it, it will work. I just don't know where to begin finding a place to sell it outside of CL and was hoping the people here could give me some tips on where to sell a yurt too and if you think I would have any luck doing so, or that someone here might have an interest in it.

Link to my Yurt

Marshall Eppley likes this.
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Selling a Yurt?

Kai, please sell it in our Yurt Classifieds:

Yurt Classifieds – Used Yurts For Sale

We move many yurts through there, and it is free.
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
Kai
Yurt Forum Youngin

Thanks Jafo.
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
Yurt Forum Youngin

Hi Kai,

I was immediately interested but I need something a bit more substantial. I would invite you to come up here to put it up on my land, but there is some family controversy about how my land should be used and its way cold up here in Connecticut!

In any case, I hope you find a good situation soon, especially in your condition, with a little one on the way. Where is the baby's daddy? If he is worth his salt he should be hustling to make a nest for you somewhere. Its wrong that a woman should be alone in this situation.

I have stayed in those military tents while on meditation courses at Shelbourne Falls Vipassana CTR in Mass, and they are great! But I wouldn't want to have a baby in one. They set them on pallets to give a good sturdy floor. A chipmunk used to visit me and eat my apple cores.

Ok, that's all. Good luck honey!

Dori Shaktiblue
Dorishaktiblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None