Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Yurt Plans
Advanced Search

New Here - Introduction For Myself And My Ger/yurt Idea

Old 07-13-2022, 06:35 PM   #1
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default New here - Introduction for myself and my ger/yurt idea

I didn't see a specific introductory thread so I figured I'd introduce myself and what I am planning here. My name is Riley, I'm a disabled US Air Force Veteran, and I run a small custom leather shop (which is why I want to get a yurt, more explained below). My girlfriend and I live in an RV on a small horse ranch where she is the manager. It's pretty cool because I get to help out some, and I get to work with the horses (when the weather isn't triple-digits anyway). Besides being involved in equestrian activities and my leather crafting I also enjoy cooking, camping, photography, and motorcycles. Also, as-of late, I have gotten back into archery, though this time I am abandoning my traditional longbow for that of a reflex horse bow (which means I'm basically a beginner all over again, lol).

I am planning on buying a 20-ft yurt from

Camping Yurts

, hopefully by end-of-year, to set up as a workshop that I can take with me if/when I move. I do not own the land where I live, though so far the ranch owner has been agreeable to me putting up a workshop. I want a mobile workshop that I can take with me and continue to use when I (hopefully) am able to buy my own land.

The idea is to place the yurt on a raised deck the same height as the deck next to the RV, and to build a walkway from the current deck out to the yurt deck. Provided the ranch owner signs off on the idea anyway.

TSRalex and UKadventurer like this.
mxrileyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 12:22 AM   #2
Yurt Forum Addict

Thumbs up Re: New here - Introduction for myself and my ger/yurt idea

👍 Welcome & good luck for your plans! 🤞🙏✌
TSRalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:54 AM   #3
Yurt Forum Addict

Default Re: New here - Introduction for myself and my ger/yurt idea

Thanks for your service Riley.

Looks like a good layout. A 20' camping yurt from Richard is gonna make a nice workshop. There's no doubt Richard builds dynamite yurts. BTW that's a nice high quality heavy duty Juki. I'd like to have one myself for sewing canvas.

Last edited by Bob Rowlands; 07-15-2022 at 10:23 AM.
Bob Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote