Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts

Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts (https://www.yurtforum.com/forums/)
-   Buying A Yurt (https://www.yurtforum.com/forums/buying-a-yurt-f1/)
-   -   Advice on finding the right yurt? (https://www.yurtforum.com/forums/buying-a-yurt-f1/advice-on-finding-the-right-yurt-378.html)

Tone Kari 05-06-2013 01:33 PM

Advice on finding the right yurt?

I am looking for a yurt and need some advice to find one closest to my wishes.
I would like one around 14" or 12", easy to set up, like yurta.ca (that is only in 17") and with felt insulation, and the wallcover should be moustly of cotton, atleast not airtight material. Natural, nontoxic materials as much as possible.
A campingyurt in naturematerials with chimney outlet would be perfect, but maybe not existing?

Thanks
Tone Kari

Marshall Eppley 05-06-2013 05:36 PM

Re: Advice on finding the right yurt?

Tone check out Groovy yurts.the link is on this site.

Jafo 05-06-2013 08:25 PM

Tone, what area of the world do you live so we may recommend local yurt makers if possible?

Tone Kari 05-07-2013 03:36 AM

Thanks! I live in Norway.
Tone Kari

Jafo 05-07-2013 07:39 AM

Here is one that would be a bit closer, though I am not 100% sure if the fabrics they use meet your specifications:

Home - www.highlandyurts.com

Groovyyurts 05-07-2013 12:24 PM

Hej Tone,

Check with Susan at Yurt i 8800 Viborg - Ahrenkiel og Brynjolf if she has anything in stock. These are authentic Mongolian yurts which would fit pretty much all your requirements.
Otherwise my friend Dominique is getting some in Switzerland in case you fancied the trip and I know of one Swedish lady who is going to bring a couple in this Summer.
I hope this can help :-)
har det bra...

Yves

Groovyyurts 05-07-2013 12:25 PM

the link came out strange... it is www dot mongolyurt dot dk ...

Surely Yurts - Steve 05-08-2013 01:29 PM

We 'Surely Yurts' make a 10 foot camping yurt with woodstove outlet. The wall is usually a poly-cotton blend with acrylic coating but we can order natural fabrics just as easily. This yurt can also be setup and used year round.

Also, for less expensive/less substantial camping yurts you have 'Clean Air Yurts' which are super light-weight. I am not sure if they have a woodstove outlet though you could always add one through the wall later on if you wanted.

I believe 'Laurel Nest' also makes some small portable yurts.

-Cheers

Andre 05-11-2013 07:31 PM

I just joined and I'm unsure how to start a thread? I'm thinking of buying a yurt from - Mandala homes. And would like to discuss them with ppl who have knowledge with yurts :)

Jafo 05-11-2013 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre (Post 1707)
I just joined and I'm unsure how to start a thread? I'm thinking of buying a yurt from - Mandala homes. And would like to discuss them with ppl who have knowledge with yurts :)

Start a new thread by first going to the forum you want to start it in, for example:

Buying A Yurt - Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community

Then clicking the New Thread button:

Attachment 348