Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Yurt Living
Advanced Search

What Size Guest Yurt

Old 04-07-2017, 11:02 PM   #1
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default What size guest yurt

I am considering using a yurt for a guest house on some property in Wyoming. I already have a small house on the property but need space for the occasional visit of 2-4 gusts. What size yurt would you recommend? Thanks.

J1973s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:41 AM   #2
Administrator

Default Re: What size guest yurt

I recommend the biggest one you can afford. You can't resize a yurt later.
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Yurt Forum Youngin

I guess it depends on what facilities you want to put in it for your guests.We plan to live in a 24' full time. If I was to have one for company I probably wouldn't go bigger than 16' because I would only be putting a bed in.
2 dogs and a Yurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:44 PM   #4
Yurt Forum Addict

No comment on other yurt sizes but mine. I have a 16'er. Four cots is sardine city. Cots jambed against the wall, with jsut enough room for a wheelbarrow full of firewood to the left of the door. Two to three cots is perfect, that leaves room for a 6' picnic table for cooking etc. plus enough room for each cot to have a 1x1.5x2' dry box (with lid), for personals. Cabelas sells cot 't' for clothes and a cot caddy for personals too. I have those and they sure are nice. You can also stash dry boxes under the table. I like the cooler on the floor, right by my cot. lol We use folding chairs in the yurt, and stash those folded up when not in use. If you want a camping yurt that's it. Four cots plus everything else for a stay ain't gonna happen unless it college or HS students. Good luck.
Bob Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #5
Yurt Forum Addict

A 16' yurt is small. I'd say at least a 24' unless it's just being used as a bunk house. I've stayed at yurts that had bunk beds set up that had a folding futon couch on the bottom which flattened to a double bed. The top bunk was a single. Super practical and space saving.

When I bought my yurt, it came with Queen sized bunk beds. Comfy, practical, and yurt quirky. With the couch, I've had 5 people, 1 dog, and 2 cats here for a long weekend. It was "intimate", but loads of fun.
Wintergreen282 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None