Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Yurt Living
Advanced Search

Real Estate For Sale With A Yurt Already On It?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Real estate for sale with a yurt already on it?

Anyone know of any sites where you might find listing for yurts with property?

Mommieveggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
Yurt Forum Member

I was looking at some stuff on craiglist around the northwest, like Washington and Oregon and Idaho, and I saw at least one, maybe two listings of yurts on property. Not what I was looking for, so I don't remember the details.

I have seen a lot of inexpensive property on ebay, but I don't remember any with yurts involved. I do think you have to do a lot of checking before you buy property on ebay.

I don't know how common these listings are, I am not a current "lister", but you might try it. These are a couple of places to start, but you probably have already thought of them.

As they always say about real estate, location, location, location.

Rod

Rodyurtlocker.com
MT Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Blue Ridge Yurts
Old 01-24-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
Yurt Forum Member

If you look at some RE brokers (perhaps bigger the better) websites for the area you are interested in......they often have search features for your criteria, often a ''keyword'' box, try typing 'yurt', works for me in MN.
djspn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:09 AM   #4
bss
Yurt Forum Member

Couple places i use to search for yurts specifically and property

Claz
Tiny house blog
Yurt forum swap board
Craigslist

Properties with yurt dwelling(s) on them are most likely being used. The few that are vacant out there thing is-with properties like this, you're mostly gonna be stuck in the "will not pass inspection, does not have permits, not built to code, not zoned properly, not gonna finance" circle game. So unless you've got the cash in full to just go in buy it outright, and the ability (and cash) to fix poor or improperly installed hardware, wiring, plumbing, and god knows what else...
bss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
Manufacturer Representative

I have a property I am selling and will put a yurt on it but as mentioned above there is always the headaches with making it a legal full time residence. Not that there would be sub standard plumbing, electrical, ect. but the process of keeping the county happy about using it as a full time home is a lot of work. First off my land would need is a well. More details here; Oregon land for sale, No Credit Check, Owner Finance, Home Site For Sale, easy payments
Tree Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Re: Real estate for sale with a yurt already on it?

We have a yurt for sale in Prince Edward Island (its in Canada but most of the land/cottages here are owned by Americans as its the 'place to be' apparently and it has an actual real live mortgage on it... meaning... its mortgageable. I'm not too clear if I'm allowed to post a link for it or not... so out of respect I wont for now.

its 54 acres of woodland (good for softwood harvesting and firewood). 30 foot yurt with loft and connected 14 foot yurt both

Pacific yurts

. Completely inspected and has all permits. Has a shed and woodshed... 4 wheeling/hiking trails. Its presently being rented as a summer vacation rental which is a pretty lucrative business up this way.
amberoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberoons View Post
We have a yurt for sale in Prince Edward Island (its in Canada but most of the land/cottages here are owned by Americans as its the 'place to be' apparently and it has an actual real live mortgage on it... meaning... its mortgageable. I'm not too clear if I'm allowed to post a link for it or not... so out of respect I wont for now.
Sure, you can post it here, but you will get a better response if you post it in our free classifieds:

Yurt Classifieds – Online Yurt Classifieds

So far, I think everything posted there has sold.

Welcome to the site!
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
Yurt Forum Youngin

Thanks so much for the link and the welcome!
amberoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 AM   #9
Manufacturer Representative

Send a message via Skype™ to Groovyyurts

I also know of a property in western Ontario on a lake with a 19' yurt on it. If this was of any interest, I can check if it still available and find you the contact.
Groovyyurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
Yurt Forum Youngin

We've connected with real estate agents within different MLS zones to send us listings on land with some sort of improvements, Yurts would meet this criteria and so far it's been sending us the results. I was fair to let them all know I am looking in different areas as well, but really, I just need them to send me the MLS information and should we write an offer we would use that particular agent for the area.
zschwarzmiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None