Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Yurt Living
Advanced Search

Any Yurters In Minnesota

Old 11-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #21
Yurt Forum Addict

Default Re: Any Yurters in Minnesota

At RECENT COUNTY FAIR I SAW A PELLET FIRED BOILER WISH I WOULD HAVE TOOK THE TIME TO COLLECT SOME MORE INFO ON IT.BUT MY SON WAS IN OVER DRIVE THAT DAY.
Marshall Eppley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #22
Yurt Forum Youngin

Does your username mean you are a Friesian or that you like Friesian horses, etc.? I am a descendant of of (human) Friesians who settled in Michigan. Their family name is Elzinga.
sailonfriesians likes this.
Yooper Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
Administrator

A pellet boiler would be an option, especially if you have radiant floor

heating

. I have a regular pellet stove in my home and love it.
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #24
Yurt Forum Youngin

hey jim, havent been to bohemia in several years...and commercially we had all sorts of challenges, mostly due to being in remote locations with no power. all the customers loved the yurts but their attitudes could quckly change when you try to explain that your out of this or that for the day, or all the diet cokes are frozen. also we had no internal walls so youre very mixed in with the customers which can be good and bad. the dinner yurt was setup nicely with a seperate tent for cooking, bring a group up in a snowcat, their food is pre-ordered, feed em, and bring em back, all the while hoping the pine marten doesn't come out from his hiding spot under the counter...
TORV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #25
Yurt Forum Youngin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper Jim View Post
Does your username mean you are a Friesian or that you like Friesian horses, etc.? I am a descendant of of (human) Friesians who settled in Michigan. Their family name is Elzinga.
Hi Yooper Jim... The Friesian part of my user name is that we care for our Friesian horses that live with us. I love them ~ such great personality's!!!
The Yoop is stunningly beautiful. I spent 10 days in Eagle River and surrounding area summer before last. Ready to go back for another adventure !!! The Elzinga name does not sound familiar. A dream vacation would be to visit Holland during Stallion Keuring.
sailonfriesians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #26
Yurt Forum Youngin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeverTheTether View Post
We are just finishing our

Shelter Designs

yurt that we put up not too far from Itasca State Park in Northern Minnesota. We plan on living in it full time. Just found this community recently, but look forward to being a part of the community!
Hey, SeverTheTether! I'm just down the road from you on county 2. Would love the chance to see your yurt some time. My wife and I are seriously considering full time yurt living.
SeverTheTether likes this.
FriarScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #27
Yurt Forum Member

FriarScott,

PM me your email.
SeverTheTether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #28
Yurt Forum Youngin

Hey! Looking to Hire someone to help repair a beautiful pacific yurt that was assembled by volunteers and is in serious need of help. The fall wind is slowing peeling back layers and we would like to hire ASAP before full winter hits!

Anyone in the northern MN area who would be willing to quote a price for the work- we are looking to have it done right by someone knowledgeable! Contact me at [email protected]. Thank you for any help/referrals or suggestions!
LindseyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:41 PM   #29
Yurt Forum Youngin

Curious if anyone on this list is familiar with the permitting requirements for yurts in different Minnesota counties? I am specifically thinking about putting a yurt up in St. Louis, Lake and Cook counties and I am curious if anyone has worked with the planning/building/permitting departments in those areas. Or if not, in other areas of Minnesota. Thanks!
porter.dean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #30
Yurt Forum Youngin

Curious if you are building your yurt near Duluth, and if so if you are familiar with the building code requirements for St. Louis County or other parts of Northern MN?
porter.dean1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None