Yurt Manufacturer: Custom/none/other
Diameter: 16
Windows: 0
Tall Walls: No
Doors: 1
Insulation: None
Heating: None
Upgrades:
I'm finishing up my second yurt. I have taken a while to construct it and have scavenged materials from a variety of sources. Paint tarps for the roof cover, khana slats from recycled wood from an old deck and recycled from the roof poles of the first yurt, roof poles harvested from a fire break in the mountains near my home debarked cut and trimmed, paracord from another hobby, wall covering from Tyvek house wrap. I'm getting down to it and will probably do a first assembly this weekend. So far, the walls have been set and measured, but roof poles and roof ring (also from the old deck) have been assembled. Just finished sewing the roof cover....will need to fit it for a final shape, but this is exciting. An old project coming to completion.....not a castle, but mine!Oh, everything I used came from "The Complete Yurt Handbook" by Paul King. I cross referenced it with "Mongolian Cloud Houses" by Dan Kuehn, but didn't find the second book as useful.

Copyright Notice:

These images are the property of the member and may not be redistributed, copied, or otherwise used without permission. Click here to contact this user.

Post New Thread

Discuss This Yurt
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
No discussions yet!