Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Building a Yurt
Advanced Search

Used Pacific Yurts TOP COVER In Good Condition FOR SALE!

Old 05-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Used Pacific Yurts TOP COVER in good condition FOR SALE!

I have a top cover for a 16ft Pacific Yurt for sale. I live near Salem Oregon. I've been in contact with

Pacific Yurts

and I've been advised that it was manufactured for a yurt display at the Fair for the State of Oregon. I believe that means that the yurt was taken down after the fair each year. It has been sitting in my friends basement for several years unused. I was going to use it but have since decided I don't have time to build a yurt right now.

It was designed with gutters for two french doors. The cover appears to be in good shape with a few minor repairs that need to be done. There are two spots where the gutter meets with the main fabric that started to pull apart and need patched (one spot the size of a dime the other slightly bigger than a quarter). There is also one spot on the gutter that could be patched but wouldn't be a leak point if you left it (in the photos it is the most significant looking damage, about an inch long & looking like an incoplete tear, but because it is on the edge of a gutter it would not let water in the yurt).

Pacific Yurts

says they have patch material for $12.50. I have looked at the seam all the way around and it is in good shape.

Pacific Yurts has advised me that if I were to purchase the same top cover from them today it would cost $1340. They didn't know how much a used one was worth but based on their best guess of how much life is left based on the pictures, they thought $500 or so would be a fair price.

I'm going to trust their judgement (since I know nothing about yurts-other than they are great when camping on the Oregon beach) and see if I can find a nice home for the reasonable price of $450.

Any takers?

Please see attached photos documenting the general condition and close ups of the few spots that have minor damage.

Please message me if you have questions. Also, if someone wants to copy & paste this in the classifieds I'd be grateful as I can't get it to work from my computer.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1632.jpg
Views:	2949
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	359   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1631.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	360   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1635.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	361   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1636.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	362   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1638.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	363  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1639.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	364  
tadchipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Re: Used Pacific Yurts TOP COVER in good condition FOR SALE!

I've gotten some interest off craigslist but it's not sold yet, contact me if you are interested!
tadchipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Pacific Yurts - The original modern yurt
Old 12-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Yurt Forum Youngin

Smile Re: Used Pacific Yurts TOP COVER in good condition FOR SALE!

Hi saw your add and I would be interested you can email me at see man [email protected]
My main question is about shipping if any I live in southeast Kansas . I'm new to all this but I
definitely have a desire. Thanks for your time
Kelly Seeman
redysetgo58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #4
Yurt Forum Youngin

Default Re: Used Pacific Yurts TOP COVER in good condition FOR SALE!

12/24/13
Do you still have the top cover for sale? I am interested if you still have it. I live just down the road from Salem. Thanks Pete. My Email mcpete1961gmail.com
mcabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pacific yurts