Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts  

Go Back   Yurt Forum - A Yurt Community About Yurts > Building a Yurt
Advanced Search

Our Savannah Yurts

Old 08-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #41
Yurt Forum Member

Default Re: Our Savannah Yurts

Well I am taking some more leave but we are FAR from done. Dad flew into town to help finish up last minute things and while I still have holes in the walls, no running water and the bathroom that isn't even finished we are moving in tomorrow. Supposed to be 100F Thursday and Friday and I will tell you that 12K BTU AC in a 24' Yurt and a 24K BTU AC in a 30' Yurt with stock insulated is not going to make it. Here is to hoping we survive the first week in our yurts as a family.

I'm going to need to make time for all of this

insulation

ASAP!! For those interested in some thermodynamics and test results in full sun and around 89F outside the top of the yurt reads 112F with the MFG supplied double layer reflectix. With a peice of 1/2" foam above the rafters it reads around 105F. With the foam cut to shape and with a 3" air barrier it reads 88. A Whopping 24 degree difference which in my mind makes the time and effort worth it. Who knows may even do the walls on the south side. This is with the AC on full blast, the top

dome

cracked open and doors closed by the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	<h2 style=insulation.JPG Views: 386 Size: 101.8 KB ID: 655" style="margin: 2px" />

This is my little helper. This kid is an animal and pushed about 30 of these boxes in the heat today and many were bigger and weighed about twice what he does. He did not want help either. He just turned 3 a few weeks ago.

Name:	helper.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	654

Last edited by addicted56; 08-17-2014 at 09:36 PM.
addicted56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:07 AM   #42
Administrator

You have some challenges, but that is half the fun.
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Pacific Yurts - The original modern yurt
Old 08-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #43
Yurt Forum Addict

You're gonna get through this just fine, especially with a good helper like that. That's a great pic. Thanks for the photo and story. Good luck.
Bob Rowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:54 AM   #44
Yurt Forum Member

Well we moved in and lived there about a week. Wife absolutely hated it so now I'm back in suburbia hell.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a set of yurts and or land in the Savannah GA area let me know. A million ways to skin this cat. I just don't have the heart in me to tear them down and take them back to Oregon with me in a few years when I leave here.

Also looks like I might have another year long deployment coming up this December that I was not anticipating.

Obviously have a pretty penny into them but would be happy to at least break even.

I loved them by the way, just not going to work with my spouse and current situation I guess.

Land is for sale but I lease it at 300 a month. They are move in ready. Even will consider rent to own over a period of 3 years. I know this is not a for sale thread but I have no idea how to even post something in the for sale section given this situation.

I will stage the house for some photos in a few weeks. Just don't have the heart to go back there right now.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #45
Administrator

Aww, that's too bad. Don't forget about our free classifieds section:

Yurt Classifieds – Used Yurts For Sale
Old 09-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #46
Yurt Forum Youngin

Unhappy Re: Our Savannah Yurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted56 View Post
Well we moved in and lived there about a week. Wife absolutely hated it so now I'm back in suburbia hell.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a set of yurts and or land in the Savannah GA area let me know. A million ways to skin this cat. I just don't have the heart in me to tear them down and take them back to Oregon with me in a few years when I leave here.

Also looks like I might have another year long deployment coming up this December that I was not anticipating.

Obviously have a pretty penny into them but would be happy to at least break even.

I loved them by the way, just not going to work with my spouse and current situation I guess.

Land is for sale but I lease it at 300 a month. They are move in ready. Even will consider rent to own over a period of 3 years. I know this is not a for sale thread but I have no idea how to even post something in the for sale section given this situation.

I will stage the house for some photos in a few weeks. Just don't have the heart to go back there right now.
Geezus all that work and then this? I feel for you man, damnnnnnn
skippycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:15 AM   #47
Yurt Forum Member

Jafo I should put an ad up but I don't really have a pure sale as the only way to get rid of it. We wil see. I would love to take it back to Oregon with me but I guess if the wife won't live in it here she would t there. We have some family lake property that is boat access only and it would makes Great Lake home so maybe a way to rent it out is not a ha idea. I can only imagine what it would cost me to get it out there though as it is much more than it was when I tore it down in Colorado.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:18 PM   #48
Yurt Forum Member

Been darn near a year since I posted here. Have had renters in the Yurts Since October and minus the hot summers without a shad cloth have been doing well.

I'm just waiting on some finished updated pictures but the lease ends November 1st and they will be for sale. Most likely sale method is for someone to tear them down with the platform and take with them but may be able to work something out with the owner of the land.

I'm going to put a classified ad up when I get more updated pictures from the renters. Comes with EVERYTHING from brand new matching appliances to AC units, to water heaters, tub, you name it.

Last edited by addicted56; 06-28-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #49
Yurt Forum Member

Photos of the interior
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	June 2014 to Nov 2014 130.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	5.00 MB
ID:	873   Click image for larger version

Name:	June 2014 to Nov 2014 131.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	874   Click image for larger version

Name:	June 2014 to Nov 2014 129.JPG
Views:	419
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	875  
Old 09-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #50
Administrator

Looking real good! I love the floor. I think the only there that I can see that I might change is the size of the hearth pad. Or is that temporary?

Tags
None